Contributions to the conference
There are 3 different contribution options – Abstract Submission, Round Table Sessions or Pre-conference Workshops. Requirements and details are listed below for each:
Kindly note that student funding and travel grants will be available for application. These opportunities will be posted on the website as and when they arise, therefore we encourage students not to hold back on submitting abstracts for financial reasons.
Full conference participation and presentation can occur virtually for relatively low cost.
Abstract Submissions should include:
- Title: This should be brief and informative (limited to 20 words)
- Principal author (who will register for and attend the conference, and present the conribution)
- Principal author’s institutional affiliation and country
- Principal author’s email address
- Additional authors
- Additional author’s institutional affiliation and country
- An abstract of less than 300 words
- The symposia number(s) that the talk is intended for, or whether the presentation is to be considered for a General Talk Session, a Speed Talk, or a Poster.
- Whether you plan to attend the conference in person or whether you plan to attend virtually.
All scientifically valid contributions will be accepted for an oral presentation in the conference to form part of the overall virtual program. The most generally interesting, timely or relevant contributions will be offered a “live” talk slot, or a physical poster slot, or a “live” speed talk slot in the main 4 ½ day physical conference program. “Live” presentation slots can be delivered in person or virtually. All submissions will have to include an abstract as well as a pre-recorded presentation. The latter will need to be uploaded on the conference website after direct email confirmation of your conference contribution from the Scientific Program Committee, which will contain full details of the requirements, formats and deadlines. . Missing these deadlines will automatically remove the submission from the program, and the registration fee may be refunded only partially or forfeited (see the schedule of registration fee refundability). All pre-recorded contributions will be included in the IOC Proceedings of the conference, which will be published on the IOU website.
Note that early submissions will be given priority for “live” talk slots to be included in the main 4 ½ day physical conference, but that all scientifically valid contributions will feature as part of the full, virtual conference program. Contributions will be considered by the Scientific Program Committee as soon as possible after submission.
Please also note that all “live” conference contributions in the main 4 ½ day physical conference – from symposia contributions to posters – must be submitted as a pre-recorded video before the conference, otherwise the “live” slot during the conference will be allocated to another person.
Finally, please also note that any accepted conference contribution that is not accompanied by a pre-recorded video podcast of the presentation, made available two weeks before the start of the conference, will be subject to a surcharge of $50 on registration at the physical conference or logging into the virtual conference.
For any queries related to the abstract submission portal, please contact Joanne Bezuidenhout at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here for abstract submission
- For Round Table Discussion please email your proposal to the Scientific program Chair directly, Prof. Will Cresswell – email@example.com
- For Pre-conference Workshop please email your proposal to the Scientific program Chair directly, Prof. Will Cresswell firstname.lastname@example.org